Friday, December 4, 2009

Stay Safe Over There

Through my adventures on the HD Forums I found a Harley Rider stationed over in Iraq and have sent a few boxes of magazines over to them. The HD Forums has a traveling banner here in the states where members meet up, snap a photo, and pass it on. Then popped up the idea of starting a Military Banner... to sorta help the guys over there connect with back home. This is the first stop the Military banner has made. It will receive its own section on the forums so that those serving can communicate and help pass the banner along.

Lets try to remember while we sit with our families this holiday season that there are still men and women around the world fighting to make it a better place.

"OK, we finally got our internet up, and a good picture in the daylight!
I hope you understand why I had to blur our faces. Our situation goes a
little like this;

We are a Special Forces Detachment from FT Lewis, WA, serving in
Kirkuk, Iraq. We have trained and worked shoulder to shoulder with
numerous Iraqi Security Forces for the past six months. By advising and
assisting our Iraqi partners on countless operations, we have removed
numerous terrorist cells and individuals. Our goal is to help them make
this a safer, more secure place for everyone. We are all looking forward to going
home very soon. I pick up my new 2010 SG on 27 Jan, and I can't wait!
I just hope my Heritage doesn't get too jealous!

De Opresso Liber"


No comments:

Post a Comment